It may sometimes be necessary to physically visit the residential or business premises of a debtor or prospective client.
Primarily the use of fieldwork may be for the following purposes:
- To confirm the address
- To serve due process like legal documents
- To make a personal demand for payment
- To interview the debtor regarding his financial situation and capacity to pay
- To assess the environment and asset backing for credit worthiness
- To assess the environment and asset backing for potential litigation
The field agents used by GCSARMS are principally drawn from the membership of the Institute of Mercantile Agents (IMA) throughout Australia and overseas. All agents are fully licensed and are expected to abide with the IMA's Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics as required by their annual renewal of membership.
All agents must furnish proof of their current licence renewal and hold the appropriate insurances to be eligible to carry out work for ARMS clients.